Many of us know the benefits of learning gardens!
Healthier students, better learning metrics, active engagement. Whether in a year-round Ceres Greenhouse or outside during the spring, summer and fall seasons…gardening is good for our children.
More than just your typical greenhouse, a super energy-efficient greenhouse contributes to the school overall. With a limited heating and cooling requirement, Ceres greenhouses reduce operational costs and maintenance while growing healthy food fruits and vegetables year-round.Most importantly, CERES’ solar greenhouse design and energy-efficient technologies present a hands-on learning opportunity for critical math and science topics:
- Students to access a learning garden year-round
- Teachers to fully integrate hands-on learning in the classroom, and take advantage of increased learning opportunities
- Schools to save money with low operating costs, and create an green image for the school
- Principles of biology
- Building design and energy transfer
- Light and seasonal changes
- Heat storage and thermal mass
- Seasons and growing cycles
- Laboratory experiments
Brighten up every day with a sunny greenhouse filled with the plants of life. Decorate with cheerful decor and witness students, faculty and parents glowing with happiness and a new perspective on life.